Welcome to the
North Tyne and Redesdale Community Partnership
The aim of the partnership is to improve the quality of life for those living, working and visiting the North Tyne & Redesdale area.
We cover the parishes of Bellingham, Byrness, Corsenside, Falstone, Kielder, Kirkwelpington, Otterburn, Rochester and Tarset & Greystead.
Our stand at Bellingham Show
The Partnership compliments the non-statutory work of the Parish Councils, in its ability to source and secure funding for projects.
It also, where possible, supports and encourages sustainable and economic development within the communities it serves.
The Partnership is managed by a board of up to 12 trustees who represent the wider area and include Parish Councilors, Business representatives, as well as general members of the local community. The trustees meet every two months at venues throughout the area with the puropse of reviewing and monitoring progress of projects and agreeing future actions and commitments.
- To encourage and support projects to benefit young people
- Improve access to services for the more isolated in the area
- Provide and support projects to expand provision for the elderly
- Become a more financially self sustaining organisation
- Raise the profile of the Partnership to increase understanding and awareness in our local communities
- Support businesses and encourage tourism
- Improve sustainability and the local environment
If you have an idea for a project or you would like to be involved please get in touch - we are always looking for volunteers to help.